2 replies to this topic

#1 Twaj

Twaj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

Miss Kansas wasn't a typical beauty pageant contestant. She was an army sergeant and an expert marksman, both with a bow and with a rifle. This didn't stop her from entering the Miss Kansas competition. Something about her must have appealed to the Kansas judges. Perhaps she reminded them of Tennessee congressman Davy Crockett, who was said to be the 'king of the wild frontier'.

LcqViihjhvY.jpg

Vail entered her first competition just nine months prior to the Miss Kansas competition on the advice of her commanding officer, but was unable to use archery as her talent.

f8y6vVEqHyA.jpg

Let the Hunger Games begin!

vC0shM25RbQ.jpg

Here she doesn't look half bad....

pKba1MS0jzI.jpg

Although this is pretty gross...

6zXe3mqbpmI.jpg

But at least she's able to bring home dinner!

qL7HE67PIgM.jpg

One does wonder how she's able to apply mascara in the trenches.

#2 Douglas Baker

Douglas Baker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:43 PM

***************Now that is a WOMAN!  :wub:  ;)   I like the tattoo, though,Twaj.. It's one of the best inspirational quotes to get through tough times - "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."  The fact that she can bring home the dinner and look that good doing it is a big plus! To get through military training with all the nasty boys and sexist pressure, her toughness is as "tough" as her beauty is "beautiful".. I have nothing but respect for her. I would rather my daughter model herself after someone like this, who has obvious self-confidence and self-respect, than a brainless celebrity!

#3 Guest_THE WIZARD_*

Guest_THE WIZARD_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:04 AM

I DISAGREE SHE SEEMS BASIC AND I DO IKE THAT SHE FIGHTS FOR RIGHTS BUT WHOSE HER OWN CHILDREN BEING MURDERED BY THE CITY'S WITH AIR POLLUTION WASTE YET THERE IS NO HOPE INSTORE FOR THE SANE AND HUMANE PEOPLE THAT AVE LOST THIER WAY WITH LIFE AND JUSTICE AND HAVE TURNED INTO SHEEPLE AND HAVE TURNED AGAINST THEM SELVES

***************Now that is a WOMAN!  :wub:  ;)   I like the tattoo, though,Twaj.. It's one of the best inspirational quotes to get through tough times - "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."  The fact that she can bring home the dinner and look that good doing it is a big plus! To get through military training with all the nasty boys and sexist pressure, her toughness is as "tough" as her beauty is "beautiful".. I have nothing but respect for her. I would rather my daughter model herself after someone like this, who has obvious self-confidence and self-respect, than a brainless celebrity!

ghnjdytdhthj6yh

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users